If you like pina colada.. I mean peanut butter then this is the tart for you! It’s incredibly delicious but also sooo easy to make! Anything I do at the moment has to be easy to whip up so that I get more time to do essential things like reading Swedish books to Pip and making sure the mountain of washing never takes over our whole laundry. It is hence perfect for a time poor parent/person who wants a yummy treat for the weekend!
I made it with white chocolate but you can just as easily make it with dark or milk chocolate too. And if you want it’s completely gluten, dairy and sugar free. Just depends on what chocolate you decide to use. There’s so many great sugar and dairy free ones out there you can use and so many vegan ones too! So it really is a cake for anyone! Apart from those people who doesn’t like cake but I don’t really like to think anyone out there doesn’t. Cake is LIFE.
Anyway. I’ll stop rambling and just give you the recipe! I hope you’ll like it as much as my husband (who doesn’t even like peanut butter!!) does!
Use a 22/25cm tart tin
For tart layer
300g rolled oats (gf)
150g hot water
150g almond flour
450g white chocolate (dairy free and sugar free is good!)
150g natural peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line bottom of tart tin with a round of non stick baking paper.
2. Place all dates in a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave for five minutes and then whizz up either in a food processor or with a hand mixer. Add oats and whizz until smooth. Then finally add the almond flour and whiz again.
3. Press the mixture out in the tart tin and make sure it’s all even and up the sides too.
4. Over a water bath melt the chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil together. Make sure it doesn’t burn by the heat by stirring until it’s all smooth.
5. Pour the ganache into the tart tin and swirl it around. Top with goji berries and anything else that tickles your fancy!
6. Place in the fridge for at least and hour to set and then eat!