Yesterday was my most accomplished baking day in quite a while. And when I say baking “day” I really mean baking 45 mins while Pip was having her morning nap. During these 45 minutes I managed to whip up a Swedish apple and almond cake, eat breakfast and make these scrumptious brownies. I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do all that if it wasn’t for the extreme simplicity of the recipes. These brownies really are made in a flash!
According to the recipe (one given to me by a farmers wife who is an AMAZING baker (literally want to put her on Australian Bake Off because she would hands down win the whole thing) you do things in a specific order but somehow I ALWAYS stuff it up and put eggs in first, the butter not mixed with the cocoa or something else not in the right order and it never ever matters (and I’ve made these brownies a lot haha). They always turn out delicious anyway! So I’ve shared how I do it most of the time and hope it works for you too.
So, for a weekend treat I hope you make these for hour family, or yourself, to munch on. If you’re not a fan of peanut butter just swap it for any other nut butter or just add more chocolate! I say eat the brownie cold with a cup of hot coffee (drooling as I write this) but it’s also amazing as a desert when it’s warm served with chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Yum! Happy baking in a flash!
RECIPE for 1 large 30×20 tray (one lamington tray!)
1 cup melted butter
1 cup dark cocoa powder
2 cups of sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup peanut butter
100 grams of chopped milk chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. One sheet normally covers it all.
2. Melt the butter and add in the cocoa and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
3. Add the eggs and salt.
4. Add the flour and mix until no lumps are left but do not over mix it. Just until it’s smooth.
5. Pour the brownie mix into your baking tray.
6. Warm the peanut butter until smooth and slightly runny in the microwave, do it in 10 seconds intervals and check in between until desired consistency!
7. Blob the peanut butter out over the brownie and swirl it around.
8. Chop the chocolate and place out over the brownie.
9. Bake in the oven for 35 mins and make sure not to over bake it!
10. Let cool completely and eat!