As I said on instagram when I put a photo of this cake up I’ve got a pretty good sense of self control when it comes to cake, just not this cake. With this cake I don’t even know how to say the words self control. I just absolutely love it. It’s the most delicious cake I know and I will definitely eat it for breakfast tomorrow with yogurt and lingonberry jam. It is the holidays after all and it’s completely mandatory to indulge in your favourite things!
I also love that it takes no time at all to whip up, making it perfect for a new mum who’s not as time rich as I used to be. I hope you will like it too. Just promise me you will try eating it warm with vanilla ice cream. You will never want to eat another cake ever again. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration when there’s a thing called chocolate cake but you get my point. Make it and your family will love you for it.
Ps. I should add that it also makes for excellent muffins with some cream cheese frosting on top!
100g butter, melted
1 cup milk
1,5 cups of sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2-3 HEAPED tbsp of gingerbread spice, depending on how strong you want the flavour to be
3 cups of flour
3 tsp baking powder
1. Put oven on 180 degree Celsius
2. Line a 23cm baking tin (or whatever you fancy really) with baking paper in the bottom and just butter on the side.
3. Whisk butter and sugar together until fluffy.
4. Melt the butter and add the milk and spice, it’s all good if the liquids are still warm. Add to the egg and sugar mix and whisk until combined.
5. Add the flour and whisk together.
6. Pour into baking tin and bake in the oven for about an hour, but check regularly and test with a stick after 45 mins!